Wednesday, August 12, 2015

the hodge podge snippets poem

as evenings go, this
one is filled with your light.
the moon is lost at sea.
a silence inside your eye,
a silence of deep wells.
you are inside a poem
i wrote into wine's scripture;
claret lips you press upon the glass
pour libations across pages--
    uncork the poem
    to find autumn light
    nestled in the verse
    i cultivate for your mouth alone.

is there music inside your tears?
there are empty rooms inside my heart;
if you aren't there, where
will you sleep?
i swear i heard your voice crying out
over the weeping wind/s/wept tears.
i promise
to meet you someplace
west of the moonlight.

if only i could navigate the night
i would weigh anchor wherever i found you.
don't tell me the rain keeps no secrets,
winter will be here soon enough.
if you find me inside my final death
bury my heart under your pillow,
plant my lips within a cherry
and kiss me forever.
this is why my skin aches:
    beauty breaks my bones
    kisses cause me fever
    dawn light crawls into my closed eyes
    i find you there, but not here.

the only thing i understand is pure fire.
somebody, please, teach me about different heartaches.


No comments:

Post a Comment